“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” ~Alan Cohen
Today is the first day of November and I have many things to be thankful for….
- Halloween is over! *bah humbug! I really can’t get into the spirit
- Halloween is over!! Now it is time to buy some cheap candy for me! YUM!
- Halloween is finally over and I can sneak out some Christmas decorations without getting mocked… too much.
- I am thankful for birthday cake this month
- I am thankful for turkey too, with all the fixings.
- I am thankful for my two teen-aged boys who help me cook.
- I am thankful for my husband who loves me so much (and buys me birthday presents LOL)
- I am thankful for my extended family who keep in touch on facebook.
- I am thankful for my home I get to clean.
- I am thankful for the hands I have to craft with.
Here is the new picture of my dishcloth set I just made called “Sunshine & Rainbows – Starfish & Dish-Urchin. The other picture (from yesterday’s post) was not making me happy. I like this one much better. I got the pattern for the starfish at Lily Sugar n’ Cream but you have to register (free) to view it. Of course I changed up the colors and added my little tags. I really like them :O)
I am working on another set of flower dishcloths now. Crocheting these helps me keep my mind off the fact that my wrists are aching and swollen right now. Having a hobby keeps me focused and then I’m not concentrating on the aches and pains that come with having fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. I am blessed to know how to knit, crochet & make tatted lace among other things. If my hands hurt and I can’t crochet I can sometimes knit and if I can’t knit then I can tat…and if all else fails I turn Pain into Painting. I make artist trading cards when I can’t focus enough to make something bigger. Some of those that I made when I was in pain turned out to be the most liked by others. Having my new etsy craft store gives me a goal to strive for. Another blessing is that I don’t munch so much because I don’t want to get the things I’m making dirty so I hope it will help my diet too.
I also signed up for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) again so I will be writing every day this month. I have so many things to be thankful for and this month I’m going to spend every day remembering that.