Well I don’t actually have a bucket list written down but I do have several things I’ve always wanted to do like hang-gliding, riding a hot air balloon, go to Italy…etc. I have always wanted to go skiing and I live in Alaska and have never gotten to go. I really wish I had gone when I was younger and before I got fibromyalgia. Now, I’ll probably never be able to do it.
A friend of mine just went skiing. I saw her pictures online and was so excited for her…. Then, I was jealous. I really REALLY wanted to go and my husband doesn’t want to go down hill skiing. He tried it before and had a miserable time. He only likes cross-country skiing. I talked to my friend and she said I could go with her. She was going yesterday with her son who was in town anyway. I told my husband I was going to go when he came out and he talked me out of it. He was really worried about how I would feel afterwards. I knew I would have pain from it and I was thinking I could just bite the bullet you know? Well, he reminded me of some of the more difficult times I’ve had when all I did was get cold. He said, not only would I get cold but I would be exercising more than I’m used it. Way more since my muscles have shrunk down to nothing. So, I listened to my guidance councilor and didn’t go. After all, he is the one who has always been there by my side when I was down. He remembers how it was and I tend to tune it out. I want to think I’m still She-ra, princess of Power!!! I knew he was probably right and I’m not as tough as I think I am anymore. Pooh.
So now I’m going to put on my wii and skii! hehe <— I’m a poet and I know it!
- Daily Prompt; Kick It/ The Daily Post (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Kicking It (Daily Prompt) (yasminezikry.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Kick It (thebeltanedaily.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Kick It (burningfireshutinmybones.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt Kick it (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Kick It (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Kick It (musicalfoodielove.wordpress.com)
- The day(s) I (almost) ‘kicked the bucket’ (jacksdavie.wordpress.com)
- #11 and the Face of Gogh (rarasaur.wordpress.com)