“We can be bitter about our shortcomings; or we can be thankful for our blessings.” ~ Unknown
I wasn’t feeling well today. I overdid it yesterday when I went to go get groceries yesterday evening without any help. I have fibromyalgia so if I overdo things I end up sleeping for hours and have a lot of pain. I usually take one of my teen-aged boys with me and they go and get things on the list and bring it back to the cart so I don’t have to run around as much. They also load and unload the car so I don’t have to carry so much. I thought I could handle it myself this time since I have been exercising and trying to get stronger but I was exhausted by the time I got home. It didn’t help that it was 4 below zero and foggy out and the cold always makes my pain worse. I was so wiped out and went right to bed when I got home. The boys did unload the groceries and put them away for me. I got up a while this morning but took a nap and ended up sleeping till 10 pm. I slept my whole day away.
- I am thankful that I have two strong boys to help me when I need it
- I am thankful for a body that still works. I may have pain but I am not wheelchair bound.
- I am thankful for a warm bed to sleep in.
- I am thankful for a warm car to drive.
- I am thankful for my warm garage so I don’t have to drive a cold car.
- I am thankful for Blue, my beagle who knows when I don’t feel well and sleeps beside me.