I got the Peach Almond in my Holiday VoxBox from Influenster and decided to try it this morning.
I really don’t like oatmeal because my mom used to cook the heck out of it. When she was done with it you could turn the pot upside down and make a pot shaped jello mold of gray matter. It didn’t matter what it tasted like because it was so slimy it resembled a science experiment that got left in the frig until it grew eyeballs. I have not eaten oatmeal since I’ve been an adult and free to make my own choice on what NOT to eat.
This, however, smelled really good even through the packaging. I love peaches and almonds! So I decided to add less water so it would be more firm. It is impossible to describe how good this is. It tasted like heaven. The peaches were real chunks of peaches… not just artificially flavored pieces of who knows what. The pieces of almonds were small but added great flavor. I cannot wait to try some of the other flavors. There’s also Apple Walnut, Summer Berry & Cherry Pistachio.
I love apple anything but unfortunately I’m allergic to walnuts so I wont be able to try that one. The others sound really good though especially the Cherry Pistachio! I am definitely going to get more of these.
My house still smells like peaches and I’m loving it. I see that is available on Amazon.com but I’m hoping I can find it locally and on sale. The card in my package says these are about $1.79 each. I think that is not bad for a good healthy breakfast that tastes great and is easy to prepare but I am always looking to save money any way possible.
I’m also going to recycle the plastic container for planting this spring. It is the perfect size to move seedlings into to allow them more room to grow before moving to the garden. Too bad the container isn’t biodegradable material but then maybe it wouldn’t be suitable for making oatmeal in. The lid will help to catch water on the bottom. I added a small piece of tape to cover the steam holes in the lid but it wont last long since it is cardboard. Only the ring is plastic.
Recycled Quaker Real Medleys oatmeal container for starting plants
I have a new paperweight or a doorstop…. my iron gave up the ghost. I ironed 3 shirts and then it decided it had done enough. Just a little bit before I had accidentally touched it with the edge of my hand and it was definitely hot! That woke me right up but when I started on that 4th shirt it wasn’t hot anymore. I told my husband that Cher used to iron her hair so maybe I could use my flat iron to finish his shirt LOL He didn’t get it.
I haven’t been feeling very well. Not anything specific…. just tired. It’s like a roller coaster… some days I feel great and then I feel slow and tired for a few days. I’m not complaining though. Anything is better than feeling bad every day. Before I would sometimes sleep for a few 24 hours straight but since the doctor changed my medicine I usually sleep 7 to 8 hours and wake up. So even if I am slow moving at least I’m awake and can get some things done!
I love being up in the morning and the sun is still not up all the way. Then I sit on the couch with my tea and watch it get brighter and brighter. I can’t see the sunrise from inside the house but I know it must be beautiful. My mind sure does paint a beautiful picture of it anyway. Around noon the sun is blinding! Its like someone is shining a spotlight right in my front window. I have been seeing a few birds swooping around. I can tell spring is coming.
I’ve decided I’m going to start over on my 365 project (taking a photo every day) in March. It wont be so cold and it will be nice to get outside and take some pictures instead of trying to find something inside interesting enough to take a picture of.
My oldest son, Jared, is going to Anchorage tomorrow. He’ll be gone for 5 days. I’m not liking this! One of his teachers asked him to join the academic decathlon. One of their team members had to drop out and they had to have 9 members to participate. This has put a little spring in Jared’s steps. He is suddenly happy to study. He stayed after school every day last week and went for a few day on Saturday and another full day today since there was no school (for parent/teacher conferences). They leave tomorrow and I hope he does well. The rest of the team has been studying the material all year! He’s a smart cookie though. He passed the SAT when he was 12 so I’m thinking he’ll be okay.
“What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!”
― Victor Hugo
You can join “Fill in the blank Friday” by just clicking this link, copying the lines to your blog and answering the questions! Link up there too so other people can see your version.
1. One of my favorite things to do when I have free time is play around on the internet. I especially love to check out new pins on Pinterest and maybe even add a few (hundred). Then I read some blogs and write in mine, listen to some music on youtube, check out facebook and my inbox and than just google anything that comes to mind.
2. When I have free time I tend to do what I wrote above or I knit, crochet or do some other craft, turn up the music, journal, paint my toe nails some crazy color I wouldn’t want on my fingernails, paint or draw, take some pictures, and READ.
3. If I had an entire day completely to myself I would do the above. I almost always have the entire day all to myself and that isn’t always fun…..but I guess I also clean and organize some stuff every day
4. I would prefer to spend my free time (alone or with others…) oh with other’s definitely… unfortunately people are usually at work or school or otherwise doing things they need to be doing. I love those days when I can spend the day with my husband. We go shopping and sometimes stop by and get some french fries at McDonalds or go to some other restaurant and read the paper (fighting over sections)
5. Most of my free time happens all the time now. I can’t work anymore and my kids are teenagers. Every day is free time and it gets really lonely.
6. The best thing about free time is being able to do what you want to do when you want to do it.
7. The next time I have free time I should probably clean my house and the clear out the garage but instead, I’ll probably do what I mentioned in #1 LOL
The NaBloPoMo Prompt for today is
Do you wish the start of the year was in a different season? Which one?
Spring. I think starting a new year with new growth outside would be perfect. Besides, I’m cold. I love to see the snow receding and the new green grass starting to emerge. I love it when I see the first shoots of my perennials start reaching for the sun. I love seeing the neighborhood children start to come out again to play in the puddles made by the melting snow.
Here is my picture for my 356 Project
A doggie yawn
Doesn’t smell good, I’ll tell you what…